[THIN] Re: Automatically configure Outlook 2000 clients

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:41:30 -0700

Aside from this options, the Office resouce kit (which you need to use
to install office 2000 to a windows 2000 and higher TS  server anyways
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b224313 )
allows you to customize a default exchange profile for new user profiles
on the Terminal servers.

User's login, start up outlook, and away they go. The ORK is free, and
relatively easy to configure.

If you don't want to use that, you can always script in a profile for
users on login using modprof.exe.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/journ/OutCreateProfile.htm It's
basically the same process the custom install wizard from the ORK uses,
but you have a bit more control in the event that you need to make
outlook profile changes for users in the future.

HTH