[THIN] Autocreated printers showing as disconnected.

  • From: David J Schuttenberg <dschutte@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:54:00 -0500

Sorry to re-hash, I haven't heard from anyone, and the calls keep rolling
in. I can find no documentation ANYWHERE about this particular problem, be
it in CITRIX's "knowledge base" or in the freelist archives. SO Ill ask
again. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

My users are running a terminal emulation software called E-Term32. They
use the print button on the menu bar for print screens rather than use the
keystrokes to print in the terminal app itself. The printer Icon all of a
sudden turns up greyed out. I had the user log out, and start their Print
Manager from their published Apps list. All their auto created printers
come up DISCONNECTED. They will all manually connect, but then they need
to  manually choose a default printer. If they do that, and then minimize
that widow and start the terminal program without disconnecting, they will
be able to print. That is a decent workaround I guess, but I need to get
the server back to auto connecting and choosing the default. The settings
for the ICA connection port are set appropriately and we do not inherit
client config.

Regards,
David Schuttenberg
IBM Global Services