[THIN] Autocreated Printers and Published Applications

  • From: "Brian Foreman" <Brian_Foreman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:58:04 -0400

Having a problem on a newly built Windows 2000 SP4/MetaFrame XP SP3 (no
feature releases) server.  Printer autocreation works perfectly when logging
in through a Custom connection to get a full desktop.  The problem occurs
when logging in through a published application it takes about 5 minutes to
login.  If I turn off auto created printers I can login through a published
application in about 5 seconds.  Also, during the 5 minute login period, the
IMA service appears to hang and I can't refresh any information in the CMC.
Once finally logged in the IMA service returns to normal and printing works
fine.  It doesn't seem to matter what applications, admin account or not,
client version, or type of printer.  What's different about printer
autocreation whether coming in to a full desktop vs. Published Applications?

Any ideas?

Brian

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com