[THIN] Re: Autocad related question

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:00:39 -0700

Indeed, it is geared a bit more twoards WAN situations, though I've seen
some cases where it's helped some applications within LAN scenario's as
well.=20

Honestly, I couldn't say wether it will do you much good w/ autocad. As
I looked back over your original post I noticed that you mentioned that
this only occurs with larger drawings. Perhaps, the answer may lie more
in the memory / paging area. How much memory is the application using
for large drawings VS smaller drawings.=20

You said your memory is at 2GB on this server. What's your page file set
too? Is it staticly set, or trying to grow as needed?=20

Do you experience the slow redraw when looking at a large drawing from
the console?