[THIN] Re: Auto-Created Printers and security

  • From: George Yobst <george2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:47:01 -0800

Hi Terry,
I have set up different group OU's in my Active Directory.  Then I put the
different people in their respective group.  In Citrix, then you can
double click on the printer and assign it to that group.
-George

Terry Hadden wrote:
I am relatively new to Citrix and this forum. Please bear with my naivety. I have clients that login to our Citrix server farm to access accounting applications we run. They have the need to print to printers that are local to their network, so we allow auto-creation of printers for Citirx users. The problem is, all users see everyone elses printers when they login. On a couple of occasions, I have had one client print to another clients printer. On both occasions it was confidential material. Is there a way to secure auto-created printers so that each client can only see their own printers and not everyone's printers? Or to at least secure them so the users can't mistakenly print to someone else's printer.

We are running Metaframe 1.8 FR1 SP4 on W2K SP4. Clients using different OS's from Win 98 to Win XP and either Nfuse 1.6.1 or PN 7.10 to connect.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst phone: 503.723.4890 Library Information Network of Clackamas County fax: 503.794.8238 16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208 web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654 email: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." - Epictetus

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147