[THIN] Auto-Created Printers and security

  • From: "Terry Hadden" <terry.hadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:30:48 -0800

I am relatively new to Citrix and this forum.  Please bear with my naivety.  I
have clients that login to our Citrix server farm to access accounting
applications we run.  They have the need to print to printers that are local to
their network, so we allow auto-creation of printers for Citirx users.  The
problem is, all users see everyone elses printers when they login.  On a couple
of occasions, I have had one client print to another clients printer.  On both
occasions it was confidential material.  Is there a way to secure auto-created
printers so that each client can only see their own printers and not everyone's
printers?  Or to at least secure them so the users can't mistakenly print to
someone else's printer.

We are running Metaframe 1.8 FR1 SP4 on W2K SP4.  Clients using different OS's
from Win 98 to Win XP and either Nfuse 1.6.1 or PN 7.10 to connect.

Thanks.
than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147