[THIN] Re: Auto created printers

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:07:09 +1000

Hi Tom,

The first to try is to use printcfg within the Citrix session from that PC.

It will show you one of 2 scenarios, either you'll see the client printer(s),
disconnected or connected, OR you'll only see lpt1/lpt2. That'll tell you
whether or not client printer redirection is working on the client machine.

If all you see is lpt1/lpt, one unlikely possibility is that despite
uninstalling and reinstalling the ICA client, the user's
%userprofile%\application data\icaclient\appsrv.ini is retained, and a
CPMAllowed=no entry would ensure that client printing didn't happen regardless.
LPT port redirection, if disabled, will also prevent client printer mapping.

Anyway, have a look at what printcfg shows you and we can go from there.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems