[THIN] Audio over Citrix

  • From: "Rob Slayden" <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:06:54 -0800

I have been tasked recently to determine what it would take to transmit
audio to a Winterm in a Citrix session. I am all HP DL360 servers
running Server 2003 servers and running MFXP 1.0 FR3/SP4. Is anyone
doing audio over Citrix to terminals? How are you accomplishing this? Is
there a "pseudo" audio driver that would enable the generation of audio
on the server-side to be transmitted to the audio port of a winterm?
Surely I would not need to install sound cards in my servers to
accomplish this task. I haven't been able to come across anything in a
Google browse. Looking to make available from a weblink a short audio
message from the executive leadership form time to time. The pricing
from our Telco provider is astronomical to host a short message
accessible by 800 number. We are looking for alternatives. Any ideas???

Any information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob
24 Hour Fitness, Inc.