[THIN] Re: Argh 4 clicks to get to the Citrix client from Citrix.com

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:06:11 -0400

Well if they were installing it on internal PC's that would be fine but this
is for my external WI for home users and I really don't care what version
they use, I just want them to be able to find and use it and no I am not
going to increase my bw and usage and provide downloads of the client from
my server.

I really don't think it is asking too much for a link from the home page of
Citrix.com that reads Client Downloads that doesn't have the confusion of a
login box to make you think that you have to login to get it in fhe first
place, which you don't.

Instead you have to go to a dropdown that reads support (wrong, I want
software), choose downloads (and when I get tehre what the hell do you mean
I have to login for the client), select search downloads by product drop
down or hope that the "featured download" on the right fits your product,
Then figure out what Citrix is calling Xenapp this week, until finally you
get a choice to a page where you can choose a client, from there you can
figure it out but OH look beta 11 as first choice, maybe I should try that
one? What the heck guys,,, beta versions should probably be down the list a
bit. It is at least a 15 minute excercise just to be able to find (and not
including download time) the ICA client which IS their core business. You
aren't going to be able to put a positive spin on this no matter how hard
you try Steve. The layout is insane.

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com