[THIN] Re: Applications

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:40:14 +0100

Because you'd have to *keep* doing it interactively.

Processor affinity is likely something that works best on a machine with
numerous CPUs, and a relatively small number of monolithic apps.

If you wanted to do something rules-based, or pre-emptively, you'd either
have to:-

a) code the application yourself to do such - normally would be bad
practice, unless parameterised
b) use stuff from the higher end OSs (job objects or process control)
c) use a third party tool to do it for you - and even then you *may* not be
able to do it pre-emptively

Neil

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and are intended for
the above named recipient only. If this has come to you in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your
system. You must take no action based on this, nor must you copy or
disclose it or any part of its contents to any person or organisation.

Statements and opinions contained in this email may not necessarily
represent those of Littlewoods. Please note that email communications
may be monitored.

The registered office of Littlewoods Limited and its  subsidiaries
is 100 Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L70 1AB.
Registered number of Littlewoods Limited is 262152
This weeks sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
Designed to facilitate efficient resolution of your technical server-based
questions, issues and incidents, technical support is a few mouse-clicks away:
you submit your incident-specific support requests via our online support
helpdesk, our certified engineers resolve them while you monitor the progress,
and your systems get back to 99.9% up-time in no time.
http://www.99point9.com