[THIN] Re: Application constantly flickers

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:22:15 +1000

Hi,

Do you mean 16 color or 16-bit color? Flashing can occur if you've got color
palette problems. Go for more colors rather than less.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Volante Solutions
18 heussler Terrace, Milton 4064
Queensland Australia
tel +61 7 32467704

From: "Jim Strowe"
Reply To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:46:40 -0400

A few basics, does this recur on more than one workstation. (graphic card
issue?)
Have you tried monitoring performance while the app is running to see what
it is consuming? How about a different font? I assume you have a reason to
run more than one instance in one session? (I.E. doctor it hurts when I do
this/don't do that?) Does it flicker from two sessions in two different
workstations. (i.e. one per user at 2 terminals)