[THIN] Application Memory Error When Using ICA

  • From: "Armstrong, Robert" <robert.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 16:35:53 -0500

Greetings,

I have an application that produces a memory error when accessed via ICA
(seamless published application and remote desktop).  The application,
when run from the console of the Citrix Server does NOT produce the
memory error.  Likewise, when I remote desktop through RDP to the same
server, the error does not occur.

The error message is:  The instruction at 0X77f88216 referenced memory
at 0x00000010.  The memory could not be written.

Following the error, the application crashes and the process is no
longer in the process list.

I'm running MF XPe FR3 on Windows 2000 Server SP4.  I have tried ICA
Clients v6 through v8 and all produce the error.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem or
why it only occurs when using ICA?  Please let me know if you need more
information.

Thank you,

Rob

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you
are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended
recipient, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this
message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender immediately by sending a reply e-mail and delete this
message.  Thank you for your cooperation.