[THIN] Re: Application Errors

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:52:32 +1000

Hi Phil,

Check fonts and printer drivers. Had an instance where new fonts installed
on a system broke apps. I automatically now delete any font file over 1 MB
;-). Also printer drivers can cause issues. An example is a customer where
everyone could run an published app except for people whose default printer
was a Canon 3-in 1 printer.

Other possible areas are the wrong version VB DLLs, and occasionally a DLL
that is missing. ListDLLs (www.sysinternals.com) on a working system (even a
normal desktop, can give you a clue.

Regards,

Rick