[THIN] Applauncher

  • From: "Michael Cox" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:35:57 -0400

Hello all,

I am looking for information regarding Applauncher Standard/Deluxe.  We are
a single public library with 30 public internet terminals, all of which are
Neoware thin-clients running WinCE - connected to our Win2003 server running
TS.  Because of the small size of the deployment we do not have Citrix, but
the one feature we are missing from Citrix is Application Publishing.  Right
now we are currently locking down the desktops as much as possible, but real
published applications would be great.  Does anyone have any experience with
this software?  I have attempted to run their Demo from www.applauncher.com,
but out of their three servers one will not load anything, another says it
is out of memory, and the last says it has too many users - they have been
this way for several days now.  I am going to download the demo and try it
out for the 14 days, but would just like to know anyone's experiences and
thoughts about it, I was only able to find very few reviews of it online.

Thank you,

Michael Cox
Saline District Library
michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register