[THIN] App-V for Terminal Server is now included in the 2008 TS (or RDS) CAL

  • From: Carl Stalhood <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 12:15:12 -0500

Quote:

Inclusion of Microsoft Application Virtualization for TS with the 2008 TS
CAL and 2008 RDS CALs

Application compatibility and management are  significant drivers of cost
for many TS / RDS customers.  By including the right to use App-V for TS as
part of the TS & RDS CALs we have simplified licensing and enabled as many
of our RDS customers to enjoy the benefits that App-V for TS provides.

More info about the new RDS CAL and how it compares to the 2008 TS CAL can
be found at:
http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/2009/09/04/what-s-the-difference-between-a-rds-cal-and-a-ts-cal.aspx