[THIN] App will run from desktop, but not as published app

  • From: "Phillips, Kevin" <k.phillips@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 17:58:27 -0500

Hoping someone has run into this issue at some time.

2 Windows 2003 SP1  / PS4 servers

With ICA client 9.0 (or 9.1) installed I can launch a desktop and run my
application named fcab.exe. If I try to launch the app as a published
application (as the same user) it will try to launch but never complete and
log the user off. Same results as an admin or normal user.  Filemon shows it
runs through most of the files it normally does but then logs to Dr. Watson
before failing to open. Of course I do not get much from the Watson log
file.

With ICA client 8.0 installed I can launch the app from a desktop or
published app.

A little background on fcab.exe is a document management app, that allows
users to scan from twain devices. I fear the new Twain redirection feature
of PS 4 may have something to do with it, but it works from a desktop so the
logic isn't there. Even disabling Twain redirection via CMC policy doesn't
help. I have followed CTX 107411 but nothing changed.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Kevin

Kevin Phillips