[THIN] App launches at console, not in session

  • From: "Christian Dady" <cadady@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:43:50 -0600

We've been having an issue on one of our MF servers that appears to have
started after rolling out FR3.  An application that uses the Oracle client
will launch at the server console, but will not call the Oracle dll's in an
ICA session, resulting in an application error.  Same user profile is used
both times.  SQLNet and ODBC tracing in the ICA session shows no Oracle
client activity at all.

Servers are Win2000 SP3, Citrix MF XP FR/SP3.

I've been working with both Oracle via MetaLink and our local Citrix vendor,
but so far have not been able to resolve the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Christian Dady
Intel Support, Distributed Systems
IBM Global Services @ ING Americas
p. 612.342.7921
f. 612.342.3058

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
EOL THINssentials? Bring You TRUE Universal Printing Solutions
and Time Zone Support. EOL delivers any print job, any
time zone, to any client, over Any protocol (ICA or RDP)!
http://www.99point9.com/public/products/index.asp