[THIN] Re: App deployment methods

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:57:48 -0700

I personally like Altiris (RDP if you're using HP).  I haven't used the new
version of SMS so I can't comment.   IMS is OK, but you can't choose what
apps need to be installed in particular order..  Something things require
reboots, other apps you can chain and install in a single reboot. Hard do do
if you using IMS.   Softgrid is ok.  It's more about virtualizing apps than
it is about streaming the application.  Cache management (especially user
cache) is very difficult to maintain.  4.0 Helps a little, but there is no
centralized control over the user's profile cache.

Joe

  _____