[THIN] Re: App data

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:19:15 -0000

OK

I'm kinda not just there yet !

Everyone is XenDesktop  and XenApp

How about just plain old windows 7 physical desktop and a published desktop for
remote access mainly

Running published apps (everything other than office ) on the physical desktop
W7.

Trying to maximise look and settings of desktops¬

Initial thoughts were to use UPM for the XenApp servers and normal roaming
profile for W7

As UPM is redirecting App Data, I was hoping to just point the roaming profile
to that folder, but as I write I realise that I'm using TS and windows so
missing NTUSER.dat to tie it all together.

Is there a recommended solution for above as all I can find and read is stuff
pointing to XenDesktop and XenApp profiles.

Should I just keep them separate as I have always done and just redirect
favourites , desktop and documents and deal with the Office stuff via script.

We have a relative small application footprint and 200 office type users with
the maybe bringing 300 Vista users that only run a web app into the mix.

Thanks

Ronnie