[THIN] Re: App Loads Via Desktop but Not Published App

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:55:36 +1000

Good day / Evening to all you list legendaries!

For those of you who are interested (apologies to those who are not)

I traced the issue here to a DLL creating a buffer overflow during the users
session creation and crashing IE (while it tries to launch)

It was being called under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs" which i believe is a legacy setting,
but one which citrix is still using...

removing and re-adding each DLL individually brought us to our AV (sophos) Dll
file.

Removing this from the appinit_dll registry entry stopped the seamless session
crashing.

Score 1 for PROCMON!

Cheers

James

From: scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: App Loads Via Desktop but Not Published App
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:31:07 +1000

I have a JAVA enabled web site.
Its available via full citrix desktop or as an individually published
application (c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe http://javaapp)

On some servers IE is definitely loading and the users are logging in, but as
soon as JAVA is supposed to load in the IE window, IE quits. The users session
stays open.

The IE / Java app works on the troublesome servers if via full desktop, just
not via citrix published app.
2 other machines of the same cloned image dont have this issue, but 3 do.

Its not a printer issue (removed printer mappings)
Its not a cilent side resolution issue (change the local resolution to
1024x768) still quits out
All Clients are running client build number 52110 (10.0)
Presentation Server 4.5 - R03
W2K3 SP2

Any pointers much appreciated!
Cheers
James

Click Here View photos of singles in your area
View photos of singles in your area Click Here
http://dating.ninemsn.com.au/search/search.aspx?exec=go&tp=q&gc=2&tr=1&lage=18&uage=55&cl=14&sl=0&dist=50&po=1&do=2&trackingid=1046138&r2s=1&_t=773166090&_r=WLM_EndText