[THIN] Re: Anyone using Procomm Plus?

  • From: "Stephen Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:33:17 -0700

Do you have both the modem pool driver and the client portion loaded? If =
so,
you could have the virtual port be COM3 and have the modems themselves =
be
numbers above COM10 (assuming you are saying Procomm ignores the ones =
above
COM9). Also, if you moved the modesm to another machine then the Citrix
server would only have the single virtual COM port available.

One other thought- could you put Procomm in some sort of wrapper that
disables the modem COMs port from the DOS prompt, i.e. the MODE command,
don't remember it's precise capabilities.

Also, check with Spartacom because they do have people that understand =
these
issues and pretty good whitepapers nowadays

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453
Scottsdale, AZ 85262