[THIN] Anyone use a thin client through a VPN?

  • From: Zachary Neria <ZNeria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:36:09 -0700

Afternoon Everybody,

Ok I've got a good one for you all (I think). I have two company plants, one
in the California USA (where I'm at), and one in Mexicali, Mexico. Currently
I have a 512 WAN connection to my Mexicali plant. In the Mexicali plant I
have about 20 users on Wyse thin clients running WinCe.
My dilemma is this, the plant in Cali, is moving to another city and to make
a long story short I'm going to lose my 512 WAN connection for about 20 days
=( Now, my backup plan is to put the users and servers in Mexicali, through
a wireless VPN connection and come through my internet Checkpoint T1
firewall in California. I have installed the Checkpoint firewall client on
my PC users in Mexicali, they authenticate with my firewall in California
and it works great. But my thin clients are at a loss because they cannot
authenticate with my firewall, obviously because they have no client
installed. There is a CE version of the Checkpoint client, but it's not for
thin clients, only for handheld devices.
The move date is three weeks away and I'm starting to get a little nervous.
If anybody has any insight into this, I'm open to anything at this point.
Short of spending 100 grand though =)

Zachary Neria
Citrix and Network Administrator
Jonathan Engineered Solutions