[THIN] Re: Anyone running Citrix clients with XP OS

  • From: Toby <toby.percival@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:39:00 +0100

My laptop is Windows XP SP2. I have installed the latest PN client,
8.1. When attempting to connect to my Citrix Farm (PS 3.0), I receive
the following error.

'Cannot connect to the Citrix MetaFrame server.
The Citrix MetaFrame server you have selected is not accepting connections'

I will look into the 'active desktop' and let you know.

PS. The web client and agent both work fine.

On 4/26/05, Steve Parr <sparr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have not seen issues yet but someone at my company keeps saying that XP OS
> on desktops with Active Desktop turned on causes issues for the Citrix
> client. I would assume running Citrix on desktops with XP OS is generally as
> stable as Win 2k Pro by now? Our company is getting ready to upgrade
> desktops from Win2k pro to XP pro.
>
> For Citrix running MF XP FR3 with the 7.1 Citrix client. Looking for
> feedback from those running predominantly XP desktops with standard Citrix
> Program Neighbourhood client.
>

> Ps.
>
> I am running XP on my laptop and have had no issues with Citrix client.
>

> Steve Parr
> Metroland Printing, Publishing and Distributing Ltd.

This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint GmbH
and certificate management.
http://www.thinprint.com