[THIN] Re: Anyone having problems with MS09-058 ?

  • From: "Paul Higgins" <PaulHiggins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 15:46:52 -0600

I missed your original message while I was on vacation.  We were having
the same problem with our terminal server.  We had BSODs every morning
at about the same time (probably due to an antivirus scan) and at random
times, generally in the afternoon.  And there were varying stop codes.

We contacted Microsoft Security Support once we narrowed the problem
down to MS09-058.  That was a very unpleasant experience and took far
too long (about a month).  They blamed our anti-virus software, which
just didn't seem to make any sense.  We replaced it with the trial
version of another anti-virus package and the crashes went away.  As far
as Microsoft was concerned, that meant there was nothing wrong with
MS09-058 and they could close the case.

I appreciate you posting the link to this hotfix.

Paul Higgins
Green Lake Conference Center
Green Lake, Wisconsin, USA