[THIN] Anyone hacked the client to change error messages

  • From: "Andrew Cooke" <acooke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:30:50 +0100

There is a program called RESOURCE HACKER that allow you to modify .EXE and
Dlls.

For those that have never used it download it from
http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/

Be very careful before you make any changes.. But as an example of the power
load up explorer.exe

You will see you can change all kinds of stuff

Now for the CITRIX question

I am just about to rollout CITRIX to my users (2000 based in a hospital), and I
really can't stand the error messages that get generated.. They really are
informative and will only cause my helpdesk additional calls

Quite simple I want to modify the messages to say things like

"There has been a problem connecting to the server. Please click on OK to try
again. If you continue to experience problems after retrying please log a
helpdesk call"

So far I found the following that lend themselves to modification

version 8.00
c:\program files\citrix\ica client\resource\en

pnui.dll
Under the STRING TABLE
2507

Anyone else been down this path ?
If not maybe we can work together as a team on this ? What do you think ?