[THIN] Re: Anyone ever had servers hang with a STOP error involving tcpip.sys

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:26:14 -0500

MessageLeon,

I would also check outside the boxes for clues. When multiple boxes take a
dump together, there is usually an external cause.  Are the three affected
servers on the same subnet or network switch and different from the
unaffected ones? Has anyone made any hard/firm/software changes to network
equipment that is in contact with the affected servers? Do the affected
servers all get their electrical power from the same PDU and the unaffected
ones differ?

Inside the boxes...do the affected servers share the same NIC's while
unaffected servers differ? NIC drivers?

HTH,

Raff