[THIN] Re: Antivirus and Citrix/Terminal Server

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 08:04:39 -0400

All antivirus software is generally the same in how well it protects yours
systems IMHO.  Major differences are how fast they rollup new definitions,
what kind of central management yuou prefer.

Aside from that.  USing antivirus on TS/Citrix runs into different problems.
Symatenc/Norton Antivirus DOES work perfectly fine on Citrix if you use v7.6
or newer of NAV Corporate/Enterprise edition.  Prior versions were not
designed to work properly.  You must install the SERVER version not the
client version.

With this in mind, I do not believe Citrix has certified the newer versions
of NAV Corporate/Enterprise, but that doesn't mean squat to me when I know
it's been working fine on my server.