[THIN] Re: Antivirus and Citrix/Terminal Server

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 10:38:58 +0100 (BST)

The recommended one's I'm aware of are Trend and Sophos.  We use Sophos here
purely because it's a cheaper solution but essentially both are Citrix
Certified.  I do know there are issues with certain versions Norton AV on
Metaframe XP servers so you may want to check this out before going down a
Norton route !

Mark

 Elio.DESANTIS@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello List,

Who can advice or warn about Antivirus software running on terminal server
environment.
I heard about a good one on these environment : Symantec. What about
Netshield ? Or others ?

I allways try to convince my customer that it would be more interesting to
protect against virus attacks at any other place than on the TS to preserve
all the performances of the server to the users.