[THIN] Re: Antivirus

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:03:47 -0700

Correct, realmon.exe is specific to eTrust.  The splash screen for both
products is configurable via registry settings so it's normally the first
thing I fix.  It may not be annoying to some, but it is to me.

McAfee is one of the worst products out there... Just a week or so ago, they
had a major problem with one of their DATs that cause widespread file
damage.  This isn't the first time, McAfee has had problems.  From causing
BSODs, to corrupting boot partitions it's not a product I would recommend.
They have quite a history (I still remember major issues we had with McAfee
and WFW 3.11, NT 4.0, etc..) and the last incident is only a reminder of why
I don't like them.

Joe