[THIN] Re: Anti Virus

  • From: "Stefan Timmermans" <stefan.timmermans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:19:51 +0100

Not quite (.about usefulness..) as the test conducted measures the removal
capabilities but not the real time

scanning and virus prevention capabilities nor the response time against new
threats of the particular vendor.

To me these are a 3rd and 4th relavant items necessary to make a final
judgement.

A possible 5th would be the taxation of your system in terms of non-paged
pool , memory and CPU to scan your system

Weekly. How long does it take to scan a disk of  500GB for example ?

As an administrator, I'm concerned about the response of the vendor if there
is a major outbreak

and if on heaviliy used systems (like a corporate DFS server, or Profile
Servers) the scanengine is not

throwing up issues.

Nevertheless I did not feel bored reading , far from that , 2 very important
aspects are measured, so we could eliminate

some of them with ease.

Stefan

  _____