[THIN] Re: Another pair of Win2k questions...

  • From: DMelczer@xxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:42:48 -0400

Thanks for the response, Rob...I think I misspoke on the whole farm
thing...we are running NT4 SP6 with MetaFrame XP 1.0, SP1/FR1

Also, here's a sample line from our KIX file that fails:

shell "%comspec% /c regedit /s \\filesrv\share\WordXP\templates.reg"

The really weird part about the cmd.exe failing is that if this line is
moved to the top of the file, it executes perfectly.

For some reason, it appears that KIX has a limit as to how many external
programs it can run from a single script...but only through the RDP session!
From the console, everything works as expected...

Very weird...I'm hoping this is just some RDP problem and that it goes away
when we switch to ICA...it just makes testing difficult...

Again, thanks for the help...

-Dave Melczer