[THIN] Another Win2K SP3 bug?

  • From: Steve Snyder <steven_snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:06:20 -0700 (PDT)

Win2k TSE (not a DC) in a Win2k AD (SBS2000)
environment. I have allowed several users to logon to
the TSE, but when I allowed the last user I get the
dreaded "Local policy doesnot permit you to logon"
error.

I have triple-checked the domain policy, the domain
controller policy and the local policy, and no users
or groups are blocked whatsoever from logging on
locally.

Yes, they have been granted rights to logon to the
term server on the Term Server tab on the user's
properties, and the users are all members of the same
security groups, and they all exist in the same
container.

Now, if I allow this user local admin rights on the
TSE, they get in just fine.

The only thing that has changed since I allowed the
last user to logon successfully without any problems
is that SP3 has been applied to the TSE and to the DC,
which leads me to believe that this a SP3 bug -
especially since my one Microsoft response confirms
the behavior was repeatable on their test network.

Has anyone else seen this? Any workarounds?

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com