[THIN] Re: Altiris with HP Blades

  • From: "Malcolm Bruton" <malcolm.bruton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:24:32 -0400

Hi Greg

Not seen the name changing happen with any other servers except the blade.

I have seen when you want to change the name later it is easier to delete the
server and re-add.

I have heard of the usepmtimer switch and it is particularly useful for AMD
servers.  Not seen any issues but I have heard horror stories about not using
it.  We are sitting on the fence with this.  Would have thought they would have
patched the OS by now to correct the behaviour rather than a manual switch.
Any thoughts on what would happen to an Intel box if it was added?

Again with the Win2k3 password we have one build that we have used for 12
months.  Added the blade and it starts prompting for password.  Rebuild a
360g3, G4 etc and it doesn't prompt.....

Feel like I'm missing something basic...We are running Altiris 6.5 SP1 not HP
RDP.

Malcolm