[THIN] Re: Allow user to reset own connections + log

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:40:08 +1100

Hi Warren

Your tool sounds great.  Any chance you can incorporate some logging
functionality.  It would be great if all resets are logged so us IT Admins know
how often users are running into issues.

Also what functionality does TSSelfServReset have over Citrix Connection
Manager?

Thanks
Ang
> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 01:31:21 +1100
> From: caditc@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [THIN] Re: Allow user to reset own connections + log
>
> Hold that thought! I hate to pre-empt new freeware utilities from
> Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy, but I
> am just putting the very final touches on a new tool called TSSelfServReset.
> It should be up on the
> web site by Wednesday or Thursday. It is a single GUI that shows all the
> sessions and processes
> for the specific logged on user and allows them to logoff their own sessions
> or kill their own
> processes without the need for admin rights etc. I've been testing it for the
> last 2 weeks and I'm
> pretty happy with it, and so are the various beta testers. Stay tuned and
> I'll post when the final
> product will be available.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Warren Simondson
>
> Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd
> Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au
>

> Quoting Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> > Hi
> >
> > We have intermittent issues on our Windows 2003 Presentation Server 4
> > farm where users are disconnected from the Citrix farm for "unknown"
> > reasons.  When this occurs, the user calls the HelpDesk and the
> > HelpDesk resets the connection and off they go.  They often wait 30
> > minutes for the HelpDesk to answer for such a simple task.
> >
> > What I would like is for the users to be able to reset their ICA
> > session via Citrix Connection Centre.  What I would like though is a
> > log of disconnects/resets so I dont loose visibility of issues in
> > farm.  I believe Printing is the cause of the disconnects as this is
> > usually the last task performed before they have issues.  I will be
> > installing Tricerat Simplified Printing within the next few months
> > which will "hopefully" resolve this issue.  Im just looking for ways
> > of reducing HelpDesk calls in the interim.
> >
> > Is there a way to log all disconnect/resets?
> >
> > Thanks

> //www.freelists.org/list/thin
> Follow ThinList on Twitter
> http://twitter.com/thinlist
> Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
> http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
> Thinlist MOBILE Feed
> http://thinlist.net/mobile

Net yourself a bargain. Find great deals on eBay.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Frover%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Frover%2F1%2F705%2D10129%2D5668%2D323%2F4%3Fid%3D10&_t=763807330&_r=hotmailTAGLINES&_m=EXT