[THIN] Advice please - PS 4.0 printer driver files being updated when server reboots

  • From: "Jay Schaefer" <jyschaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:12:18 -0500

We have several Windows 2000 servers (PS 4.0) with R02 hotfix.  We reboot
the servers at night and in the morning we are having some printing issues
with HP 4000, 8000 printers because the print drivers are being updated on
the Citrix servers (c:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3 directory).
These printers are networked printers (imported from print server).  The new
files are not coming from the print server, and even happens when the server
logins are disabled so I know they are not coming from a user.

Any ideas?

Oh - if we install a new local printer using the driver from our print
server everything is fine again.

Thanks for any input.

Jay Schaefer
Winnebago County