[THIN] Re: Advice on Thin Client published desktops

  • From: "Greg Reese" <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 20:55:10 -0600

i don't know about preferred but using the pnagent to fill in the apps on a
published desktop is really easy and powerful.  I have been running farms
that way since the agent first came out about five (six?) years ago (wow!
has it been that long!?!?).  It's even easier if you publish the apps as
content rather than apps.  Then you don't have to assign and unassign
servers to apps every time you take a server on or offline.  The downside to
that is that the the apps then ONLY work in the published desktop so your
users in WI will need to know that.  I hide them in WI so users only see the
desktop.

Greg