[THIN] Advice on Idle Connections

  • From: "Dean Theophilou" <dino7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:55:10 -0700

Hello:

I?m looking for some advice on the number of idle connections.  I have a
server with 2.0 GB of RAM.  There are about 100 users.  I expect to have
about 20 concurrent users logged on.  How many idle connections should I set
up?  Right now I have set it to 10.  Is this too much or too little.
Thanks.

Dean Theophilou

you may not use, copy, or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by e-mail reply to dino7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, and then delete
the message.