[THIN] Re: Advantages between one or multiple farms

  • From: "David Finch" <david.finch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:38:18 +1000

I can't think of a compelling reason to split them. If they are
co-located on the network why would you do it?

My preference would be to leave them as one - it halves your
administration effort, reduces your licensing.

We are running 1 farm of 110 servers in 2 zones on the same s/w spec
initially for one suite of apps, but are adding new apps constantly
evenly  to each zone with no dramas.

Providing you have a good test system available so that you aren't
testing live and stuffing up all users (but we ALWAYS test EVERYTHING
before we put it into production don't we - Why can  hear everyone
sniggering in agreement) I don't see any reason. It just sounds like a
way to create more work for yourselves.

David Finch