[THIN] Advantages between one or multiple farms

  • From: "Jensen, Jay" <jjensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin Client E-mail Group (E-mail)" <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:48:07 -0500

HI gang,

We have some people wondering if we should have one large farm (with
multiple Zones) or multiple Farms.

We currently have 35 servers in Zone 1 of a farm and about 5 servers
currently in Zone 2.  Zone 1 and Zone 2 will increase in time but I would
guess 50 servers per zone will be the max.

Do you recommend that we separate the two groups of servers by Farm rather
then by Zone.  What is the advantages and what are the disadvantages?  Can
you point me to documentation that may support either case?

Thank You.

Jay C. Jensen
Field Systems - La Crosse
608-787-4619