[THIN] Adobe Acrobat Reader / IEToolbar Lockdown

  • From: "Cornfield, Scott" <Scott.Cornfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:52:25 +0100

Morning Guys, (well its morning here for me!)

Having a bit of a problem with IE and Adobe Acrobat. I want to disable the
Acrobat Reader toolbar in Internet Explorer. I'm using IE5.5 and Acrobat
Reader 5.

From looking at the Adobe forums it seems that this involves editing Adobes
JavaScript, however this authoring function isn't available from within
Acrobat Reader. Does anyone have any ADM templates I could apply to the user
accounts that would lock this down. Any suggestions on securing this would
be very welcome!

All the best,
Scott

Information in this email may be privileged, confidential and is
intended exclusively for the addressee.  The views expressed may
not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return
e-mail and delete it from your system.  You should not reproduce,
distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone.

Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail
communication through our internal and external networks.