[THIN] Administrator Login hangs / explorer pb ?

  • From: "Regis Carlier" <regis.carlier@xxxxxx>
  • To: <Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:40:59 +0200

Hi ,

        I have a problem with a  TSE NT4SP6 + SRP1 box.

        Only administrators are unable to log on ,
        when a member of the admin group try to connect ( on console or
remotely)
        the explorer launcher and then hangs .....
        I tried to delete the profiles , same thing. With a newly created user
        member of administrators , idem.
        You can launch task manager, and then launch apps but not explorer.
        In the same time usual users can connect and use the box woth no problem

        When The admin close the session, I got an error message :
        "Winsock Sync Message Sink" (wait/start/stop).

        I did not find anything about this message on technet or thinnet.

        A reboot solves the problem but .... It could reapear ...

        any ideas ?

                TIA , Reg/