[THIN] Acrobat Writer 7 Published App Probs

  • From: Shane.Rees@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:16:38 +1000

Hi All - I have installed Acrobat Writer 7 onto a Windows 2000 Citrix
server (Metaframe XPe), which also has Office 2000 installed.  I have then
published Microsoft Word as a seamless app, which then allows users to
open/create word docs, and convert to PDF via the "Adobe PDF" toolbar
which integrates with Word.  This process works fine, however when the
seamless app is then exited, it does not log the session cleanly off the
server.  It leaves it active in the background.  Investigation has found
that this is due to the "acrotray.exe" and "acrodist.exe" processes
launching when the conversion is taking place, and they then stay in
memory once the PDF conversion has been completed.  If I kill these
processes off, the session then logs off cleanly.

Is anyone aware of a way to overcome this, so the session exits cleanly
when the user closes/exits the app ??

Cheers,
Shane Rees
Systems Engineer

Server Management
Network & Infrastructure Support
Mincom Managed Services
Level 6, 193 Turbot Street,
Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia
Phone +61 (0) 7 3303 3955
Fax +61 (0) 7 3364 9777
http://www.mincom.com

Mincom. The People. The Experience. The Vision.

delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of
companies unless expressly stated otherwise.
This Weeks Sponsor: Lakeside Software
SysTrack is the easiest to use, most complete way to monitor system and
application performance. SysTrack combines comprehensive monitoring
capabilities with hardware/software inventory, change management, user/web
auditing, and reporting to create a total management solution.
Evaluation at: http://www.LakesideSoftware.com