[THIN] Acrobat Reader issue

  • From: Rob Slayden <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:20:28 -0700

I've got a weird one involving Adobe Acrobat Reader. We are deploying Reader
on all our MF servers (W2K3/MFXPe) to enable CommnuniGate Pro email users to
open PDF attachments. Cgate Pro is a web-based email package we are
accessing from within IE as our primary application is web-based. Strangely
enough, however, when they open a PDF and then close it by exiting the Cgate
Pro email program or by accessing the mailbox link again, the Acrobat Reader
executable (acrord32.exe) remains in memory on the MF server for that user
session until the user logs out. Note that Acrobat Reader open in the
context of the Cgate Window, that is, a windows within a window.

Anyone seen anything like that before with Acrobat Reader on MF? Any ideas
on how to close the executable without waiting for a user idle timeout or
logout?

Thanks!

rob
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software