[THIN] Acrobat 7.0.0 errors clicking hyperlink from word

  • From: "IT Support" <it@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:49:01 +0100

We're experiencing a problem with Acrobat 7.0.0 on our MPS4 server farm
across all servers.

All servers generate an error when a hyperlink to a PDF file is clicked
from within a word document.

Event Type:             Information
Event Source:   Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID:       26
Date:                   15/09/2005
Time:                   15:58:51
User:                   N/A
Computer:               R2D2

Application popup: Adobe Acrobat: AcroRd32.exe - Application Error : The
instruction at "0x030db8fb" referenced memory at "0x00000154". The
memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

We've tried:
* Creating a brand new PDF file.
* Creating a new hyperlink in a new word document.
* Running from console so RDP or ICA is not a variable.
* Uninstalling and reinstalling application using the Ultima vbs script
* Uninstalling and reinstalling application manually.

... all without success!!

It works fine however clicking a hyperlink from an internet explorer
page.

Has anyone else come across this - and [hopefully] found a solution?

Cheers

Nik
This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2