[THIN] Re: Access management console hang on discovery

  • From: Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 10:48:10 -0400

I am not sure, we only use the Console off the one server that is the ZDC
and using the local. If you put the server that is the ZDC into the server
list when you run from other servers does it pick up?
Also you might try adding multiple servers so that if one fails it can try
the next one

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jason

Ive got the AMC using "Local". However I also tried to connect to the
other working servers but it still fails. Its almost like I'm missing
something or there is a config issue.. I didn't think there was much in
relation to config for the AMC.. The software looks identical to other
working server (in relation to versions)..

Thanks
Ang

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 10:29:27 -0400
Subject: [THIN] Re: Access management console hang on discovery
From: jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

When you run the discovery are you pointing the discovery to the ZDC? or
launching the console from that server and clicking the "Add local"?

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi again

More information.. I have 5 servers in my Windows 2003 XenApp 4.5 farm
(rollup 7). I was tasked to demise 3 servers from my farm:

- 1x Zone Data Collector
- 2 x Citrix 4.5 servers
- I moved the ZDC role to another server
- I powered off the 2 Citrix servers (without removing from the farm) as I
wanted to ensure ZDC function worked on other server
- I then realized that the Access Management console fails to launch on
the 2 Citrix servers. The consoles now load but hang on "Discovery in
Progress". Discovery never finishes and no errors are being logged in
event viewer.
- I powered the 2 Citrix Server back on to see if that would allow the
discovery to finish. It didn't, the AMC still fails on the 2 servers that
will remain. However the AMC console works on the 2 servers that I need to
demise. Discovery goes through and works fine. However I need to demise
these 2 servers.
- I tried a recreatelhc but that made no difference
- Ive rebooted server but that made no difference

I was looking to upgrade the AMC software but the versions are the same on
the working and non working servers. A Help\About says "Citrix Access
Management Console Version 3.0.0.0. The "Citrix Access Management Console
- Framework" is 4.5.2.0. I don't want to introduce more changes in case it
breaks something else.

Any help appreciated as I have spent so much time trying to resolve..
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Ang