[THIN] Re: Access Gateway 5.0 VPX PNAgent

  • From: "Mark Oliver" <Mark.Oliver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:49:38 +1300

Couldn't agree more Jim

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jim Kenzig
Sent: Thursday, 2 December 2010 1:36 a.m.
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Access Gateway 5.0 VPX PNAgent

<Rant On>
You know it never ceases to amaze me with these companies nowadays. It isn't
just Citrix.

Put out a new product but take away key features that people have been using
that they really need. (you know like actually working at all)

The fact that it is Citrix's own products not working together is a real shame.
 I know software changes can break things but ...basic connectivity? What
happened to quality control?

Backwards compatibility is a necessity in this day and age and I am really
getting tired of companies forcing upgrades for the sake of adding just plain
functionality because they have a new client or OS that has a few more bells
and whistles. If you upgrade one component it breaks functionality and you end
up upgrading or having to update 3 more.
And then try and find where it is buried in the documentation where it tells
you to do that is another story. It is madness.
<Rant off>
Job security I guess.
Regards
Jim Kenzig
http://www.kenzig.com<http://www.kenzig.com/>

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Rota, Brian
<brota@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:brota@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Stay with version 4.6 for now 5.0 does not work.
My problem was the customer wanted to put it on vmware but 4.6 did not support
esx
Brian