[THIN] Access Controller + VPX placement question

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 16:41:39 +0100

Hi,

I am currently looking at upgrading our single Access Gateway Appliance
and AAC, the new versions seem to be Access Gateway 5.0 and Access
Controller.

I have the VPX VM set up on XenServer and the Access Controller on the
same XenServer with Web Interface 5.4 on a 2008 server VM all on the
same server.

I am relatively new the virtual world of server other than in test beds.

My question is :  For live production is there any security reasons that
I should not run the VPN Access Gateway on the same host as the 2008 VM.

I would want to double up and provide two host servers with two VM's
running on each.

I know our current set up the internal leg of the gateway goes directly
into our network and not through the ISA servers so would there be any
difference in my suggestion providing I am using a total separate
Network card for the External port of the CAG.

Thanks

Ronnie

Ronnie Hamilton
Senior Network Engineer

Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland

IT Department
Naas Road, Rathcoole

Co. Dublin, Ireland
Phone: +353 1 401 1253
E-mail: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx <mailto:ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>

www.ltai.ie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by return email.
You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use
this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.