[THIN] Re: Access 97 running on W2K TS - MF FR2

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 00:29:33 -0800

Default thread count for Access 97 is 3 (can be changed), database size is
limited to 1 GB - here is your ultimate limitation.

The only way to increase user count is to use middle tier or a web server,
i.e. using "in and out" approach. Careful design is required when supporting
above 20-25 people.

Go with SQL server if you can -- do not waste time unless you have no
control of your app. Defragment ("compact") your database often. Possibly
split data into several databases, keep interface (if you use Access as
interface) in a separate database, etc.

Win2K and MetaFrame FR2 do not make any difference versus older platform.

ALEX