[THIN] AW: Way OT but hey... i want to kill 2k server

  • From: "Pape Sascha" <Sascha.Pape@xxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:39:56 +0100

Hi Kristof=20

If you guys use switches you should reset the counters. Then continue=20
to ping flood the ip (use large packets!) and watch the counters go=20
up. Once you know which port he's on you should know his location.=20
Shut down the port only if you are 100% sure you caught the right=20
machine :)

You mentioned he's running SQL - there's a default user being setup
when you install sql. if he didn't change that you might want to=20
try and login using the service account / blank password. that way=20
you can use the shutdown utility (resource kit) - even placing=20
the command into each user's the autostart folder :)

 Greets=20

Sascha Pape
Organisations- und Informatik-Dienste (OID)
Murbacherstrasse 21
6002 Luzern
Tel: 041 228 55 92 / Fax: 041 210 29 19 mailto:sascha.pape@xxxxx
Internet: http://www.lu.ch/oid