[THIN] Re: AW: Re: Windows cannot load your profile. Please increase the registry size and restart the computer.

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:03:48 -0500

>I assume you've maxed out the maximum registry size?
>If the servers are still set to the defaults, then your problem is
quite
>simple, there's not enough registry space..
>               My Computer > properties > advanced > performance
options > change > registry size > maximum registry size.
>Try 216 MB.

Well that's where the PagePoolSize and Maximum registry settings come
in. The Windows 2000 VMM has a bug that causes a problem when the
default parameters for those settings are used. [The Windows 2003 VMM
purportedly does not suffer from this behavior]. It effectively limits
the registry size to 128MB, no matter what max size you set as you
mention above. I ran into this exact same issue with exactly the same
symptoms, and MS support gave me new settings for those registry keys
and the problem was resolved. Setting a higher registry size IS
necessary, but is not always sufficient.